Calumet Christian School (CCS) emphasizes knowledge, character, and community. The mission of our pre-kindergarten through eighth grade program is to prepare students for high school and beyond by developing in them a solid academic, spiritual, and relational foundation. We envision the graduates of our school playing an influential role in their schools, churches, and communities.
- Average years of teaching experience: 12
- Student-teacher ratio: 20 to 1
- All faculty members are growing Christians involved in lay ministry and/or leadership in the church.
ACADEMIC & CURRICULAR EXCELLENCE
- Elementary schools teach the Riggs (phonics) reading curriculum
- Elementary schools incorporate the Core Knowledge curriculum in literature, science, and social studies.
- The average CCS student ranks at or above the 77th percentile nationally in math, reading, and language on standardized testing.*
- Most graduating 8th graders earn high school credit in algebra, science, and Spanish.
CHARACTER & SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT
- CCS emphasizes the development of godly character in a grace-based, relational environment.
- Teachers partner with parents in the shared goal of helping students develop internally controlled behavior based on biblical truth and an understanding of God’s love and forgiveness.
- CCS emphasizes the importance of living, learning, and growing in a community. Students learn how to accept one another based on God’s grace, which emphasizes responsibility and selflessness in relationships.
- Teachers endeavor to model sacrificial love: they pray with students, encourage students, and impart loving discipline.
- When parents and schools work together in a community with a shared vision, children are far more likely to prosper academically, spiritually, and relationally.
- CCS believes in providing high quality education that is affordable for a wide range of families. Compare our tuition with other private schools in the area.
* CCS students take the MAP (Measurement of Academic Progress) test 3 times a year to monitor academic progress.